Sunday, June 1, 2008

SP 12 Questionaire!

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I like natural fibers (cotton, wool, bamboo, silk, alpaca), I don't like yarns that are mostly artificial. It's hard to name my favorite yarn. Hm, my favorite yarns..this is difficult..I like Katia Laine Nylon as sock yarn, Rowanspun aran is wonderful to work with, Drops Alpaca is so soft, SWTC craft is wonderful. Just to name some favorites.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I have a plastic box for circular needles and a needle case for dnps and the few hooks I have.

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
My Grandmother taught me to knit when I was about 7. I have been knitting ever since, although I have had years that I haven't knitted at all. Last 2 years I have been a knitting addict. I would think that my skill level is between intermediate and advanced, I'm better at some things and there are things that I'm not so good at yet.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Yes, I do.

5. What's your favorite scent?
I like berries.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
I love chocolate. A lot. Too much.

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I have just learned how to spin with handspindle.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
Mp3's are just fine. My favorites are Placebo, the Arcade Fire, Garbage, Counting crows, Fiona Apple, Tori Amos.

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
I love pink, fuchsia, brown, purple, teal.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I'm married and we have 3 cats and a dog. No children.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
I do.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Socks and shawls.

13. What are you knitting right now?
Aquila shawl and Glasgow lace pullover.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
Yes!

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
Circulars are my choice. I have knit picks harmony needles which I love, addi needles are also one of my favorites.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
I have a yarn winder.

17. How old is your oldest UFO?
Almost a year, though I'm seriously thinking of frogging it.

18. What is your favorite holiday?
Christmas.

19. Is there anything that you collect?
Books.

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I subscribe IK and buy almost every number of VK. I love Nora Gaughan's desings and have been looking for a place to order her berocco patterns. And Cookie A's sock patterns are something I would love to have.

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
I don't think so, since I now know how to spin (that was my dream for a long time).

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Yes I am. My measurements are: I wear size 39(european)/7(U:S) shoes and my foot is 24cm/10,5" long.

23. When is your birthday?
November 25th

24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID?
I'm there and my ID is Tui.

No comments: